In numerous online and traditional media platforms, the amount of law firm video material is exploding. Videos are preferred over text since they are easily digested and captivate people. Even a 15-second Instagram video may convey the idea, giving information in a way that articles and images cannot.
The primary advantage of video marketing for lawyers is that it offers an interactive, engaging, and instructive medium for attorneys to demonstrate their skills while explaining complex topics. And because videos receive so much traffic, video marketing for lawyers is an effective method for reaching potential clients.
- One of the greatest advantages of video marketing for lawyers is that videos can rapidly go viral. A modest five- to ten-minute film can accomplish a great lot to illustrate a legal subject or strategy, providing potential clients with a concise yet instructive introduction. In addition, video marketing tends to be simple to comprehend and interesting, attracting prospective new clients and boosting channel engagement.
- Due to the fact that a video may summarize a topic and allow you to demonstrate your expertise, this is a fantastic approach to create your company a strong identity.
- When optimized for SEO, uploading high-quality video content can help you climb the SERP results. Videos have been shown to help search engine rankings since they are commonly perceived as easier to absorb, resulting in higher traffic.
The American Bar Association (ABA) has established advertising guidelines for lawyers that each video must adhere to. A lawyer may distribute information about their services using any medium, including video. But they are not permitted to provide, pay for, or guarantee anything of value in exchange for a referral. They must also:
- Pay acceptable advertising or communication expenses.
- Pay a legal service plan or referral service’s standard fees.
- Pay for legal practice as specified in Rule 1.17.
If the client is advised that the contractual arrangement is not exclusive, direct them to another attorney or nonlegal professional. In addition, each communication must include the name and contact information of at least one attorney or law firm responsible for the video content.
As with your area of expertise, the audience influences the selection of video material that will be the most or least popular with users of your platforms. Based on your practice area, the examples below will help you get started with your legal video marketing plan.
- Introductory Law Firm Video
- Practice Area Page Video
- Video Testimonials
- Case Studies
- Educational Legal Videos
- Law Firm Podcasts
- Interviews With Other Lawyers
- Social Media Videos
- Video Ads
Simulas specializes in video marketing for lawyers, using time-tested marketing tactics to expand your practice. Call us today at (408) 715-3635 for a free consultation with our expert video marketing team regarding our professional marketing service for attorneys.